TE TAUMATA KAUPAPA
GIVING WHANAU AND MĀORI EXPORTERS A STRONGER VOICE ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE WHILE HOLDING FIRM TO PAST TRADITIONS
- The views and interests of whānau and Māori exporters into all trade negotiations between New Zealand and the rest of the world.
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles into all trade negotiations between New Zealand and the rest of the world.
- Sustainability principles and practices into all trade negotiations between New Zealand and the rest of the world.
To provide leadership:
- Into the New Zealand COVID19 trade strategy:
Reintegration | Retooling (business support) | Re-energise (trade discussions).
- The following Priority Trade Negotiations:
Apanui koroua and kuia tohunga Te Rarua Arihia Insley and Raniera (Danny) Poihipi reflect in te reo Māori growing up on the whenua and and aside the moana.
It is through hard work and knowledge that we will achieve.
Mā te kaha o te mahi i roto i te mātauranga, ka whakawhiwhia.
Bring forth our aspirations and lay them out before us
Tōia mai te pai tawhiti kia tata
Consolidate these aspirations and make them a reality
Kia tina te rā nei
So grasp the ways of old and bring them into this day and age
Pupuritia ngā akoranga ō mua hei tauira mā nāianei
For what reason?
To take us forward into the future!
Hei kawea i a tātou ki ngā rā e tū mai!
– Danny Poihipi (Te Whanau a Apanui)
‘COVID-19 IS CHANGING THE WORLD IN UNPRECEDENTED WAYS AND PACE’
‘The products and services we produce in future will be quite different from what we produce today. We are excited at the challenges and opportunities and now it is time to roll our sleeves up and get on with the hard work. We are not alone in this, behind each one of us is our whanau, hapu and Iwi. These are the people to whom we must account.’
Noku te whenua, kei a au te korero
Noku te whenua, Ko au te Rangatira!
Dr Apirana Tuahae Mahuika (Ngati Porou)
In the words of Dr. Mahuika, it is for Māori to speak for Māori. No one else!
Chris Karamea Insley
Te Taumata Chair