Anei whānau, apply!
Te Taumata encourages graduate-level rangatahi across the motu to consider applying for the next intake of Policy Officers at New Zealand Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT).
The nature of the work is broad-ranging, so MFAT welcomes applications from graduates from all walks of life, perspectives and degree disciplines. The positions are due to start either November 2022 or February 2023.
Skills and experience that will help you thrive in this environment include things such as volunteering or leadership experience, cross cultural and language skills, academic excellence, and a strength in mātauranga Māori and/or knowledge of the Pacific.
As a Policy Officer with MFAT you will have:
- A diverse, exciting and challenging career ahead of you starting out in our Wellington headquarters.
- The opportunity to rotate through a range of roles focused on international issues affecting New Zealand. You’ll find yourself starting work in one of a range of areas including advancing New Zealand’s relations with other countries, climate change and the environment, international development, international law, trade negotiations, international security, disarmament and arms control.
- It may, after a period of time in Wellington, also include service in one of the 59 overseas Embassies, High Commissions or Consulates we manage.
To be eligible for MFAT’s graduate programme, you should be:
- New Zealand citizenship – Or have submitted an application with DIA
- Bachelor’s level tertiary qualified (in any field, not just law, economics or politics)
- 3 months’ minimum work experience in any industry – part time or full time
- Able to gain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
Te Taumata believes this is a fantastic opportunity for rangatahi to not only contribute their valuable experiences and skills but also grow, evolve and learn new skills.
Check out the MFAT website for further details on the recruitment process as well as access to the position description.
If you have any questions email email@example.com.